My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Oh what a Christmas to have the Blues........

Listening to "Every Year, Every Christmas" Luther Vandross.

Although it's not unusual for me to not feel much Christmas cheer, I'm a little ...Frustrated would be the correct word. I want to get that "feeling" this year. It's been a minute but I remember that happy..euphoric.... Christmas spirit thing. Maybe it's because I'm all grown up now or because I decided not to go home this year or the almost complete lack of X-mas decorations around the city...Who know. Am I the only one?
Did I mention that Christmas Day will be our( BooBoo and yours truly) 1st anniversary? Too bad we want be able to spend it together. He would not be able to enjoy his Christmas away from his family, especially his mom and grandma, so I gave up trying to get him to come home with me. I don't think I'm going to visit my mother this year. I told that heifer that I'm placing a $50 limit on gifts this year and she had the nerve to get indignant about it. Asked me if I thought that was appropriate for my mother. Keep in mind I have 5 siblings( not to mention friends) and I send her money all through out the year to include just last week. She's a trip but I'm not going to deal with her right now. I think I'm going to try to go and visit my brother and sister in Cali if I can find a reasonably priced ticket. Woosah.

I finally got to see Rent. Overall I enjoyed the movie. Loved most of the big musical numbers. I didn't Know that they would break out in song every 2.8 minutes, but still enjoyed it alot. I bought the soundtrack. BooBoo on the other hand hated it, but I knew that he would. Just not his thing.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww aniversary on Christmas Eve, how cute is that! At least you'll never 4get it!

Not many people I know have the Christmas spirit (self included). So your not alone.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

I'm having a sometimey Christmas spirit...sometimes I'm like yay!!! sometimes I'm like..blah..whatever...Woosah for me too...

1:36 AM

 
Blogger Marz said...

I told my mother she better be happy with what I give her, or she'll be receiving love. LOL (A hug or kiss.)



-Marz

5:46 PM

 
Blogger Mark Smith said...

Well, Christmas shopping is the last thing on my mind. I have to get my mom something because she plans to get me the laptop I wanted but i'm not too worried about other people it will all fall through. Oh, and about those cheap plane tickets where can I find some?

9:55 AM

 
Blogger Clay said...

i feel ya on xmas - the spirit just gets harder to embrace each year

1:26 PM

 
Blogger dugla said...

It's even harder when your Mom goes HARD with the Christmas stuff... i kid u not with her its gifts, christmas carols, decorations, tree, wreath, hot apple cider, egg nog AND roasted chestnuts. and she starts the day after thanksgiving. don't get me wrong its nice but i'm worn out

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

dang, y'all hitting a year.. thats wassup.. i always wanted to enjoy a 1 year anniversary, someday!

Rent is the truth

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I really liked Rent...I never seen the Broadway play even tho I heard that was better, but the movie was great anyways...I have somewhat of the same sentiments about Christmas.

2:29 PM

 
Blogger Charles X said...

i LOVED rent. saw it for the fourth time tonight. yes, im a mess for that, but its good.

3:27 AM

 
Blogger E said...

Awwww..happy one year Anniversary. I'm a bit blah about the holidays too, though I started a new tradition I hope will bring a bit of that old school excitement back.

9:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog! shopping list These ornaments are Presented in a handsome velvet drawstring bag. Please visit shopping list

1:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home