My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's BET

So, I just finished watching the big BET 25th Anniversary Show. Um....Yeah. OK. I didn't really get it. It was supposed to be a tribute to BET but often didn't seem to be about BET at all. It was more like a 25 year tribute to black folk. That's pretty much the best way I can put it. There were a few decent musical performances:

New Edition pulled off a very energetic if vocally off performance. Bobby ...Um...Was Bobby.

LL while looking good seemed a bit dated. He licked his lips a lot though. Probably should have lost the shirt.

John Legend covered the Luther tribute singing "A House is Not a Home". It was decent I mean he's know Luther but it was cute or whatever. He really should see a orthodontist if he's going to continue to sing with his mouth all open like that.

Nelly performed something or other. I wasn't really paying attention. At least his naked upper body kept my attention away from Paul Wall. I really don't like Paul Wall.

R. Kelly as usual was very lively. I really wish he would have chosen to perform two or three songs instead performing one or two lines from half his catalogue.

Alicia Keyes performed Unbreakable. I'm beginning to really like that song. "We can fight like Ike and Tina".

Why they didn't have artist performing some hits from back in the day or anything I don't know. It' BET.

3 Comments:

Blogger KneeDeep said...

Yeah, I did not even watch the whole show, so thanks for the update.
KD

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

i'm soo mad i missed the show.. you know bet.. i will be on again

10:49 AM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

The show was missing a whole lot!

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home