My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Moms is Krazy

So my mother cussed me out today because I wasn't returning her phone calls and them immediately reinforced my reasons for not returning her phone calls. I just prefer not to deal with her much. She thinks I'm still angry about things that happened when I was a kid but I'm not. I'm just detached, almost completely, from her and her drama. She believes we should this beautiful mother-son relationship that just aint happening.
I mean, I hated this woman at 14 years old, pitied her after I left home and now I'm just kinda annoyed. I can hear the "that's the only mother you're ever gonna haves" out there. So, I'll just say I love the lady. I just don't like the person that she is.

I just found out my little brother( half-brother)Darnell is gay. I haven't seen this dude since he was about seven, he's 16 now. My other little brother(Pierce) works in admissions at Berkeley University and had to do a presentation at Darnells school. Pierce said he was leaving the school and heard some Queen calling his name. He said he was surprised as hell to find out it was his little brother. That shit was hilarious. It funny to me because we have almost the same name too. I'm Larry Darnell Minor he's Darnell Larry Minor. The two Gay Minor boys....LOL. Dad should be so proud.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

What a way to find out your sibling is gay/transgendered/a cross dresser!

You have to love yah parents, but you don't have to like them. At least she is trying to make it better. Trying is better than nothing.

6:32 AM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Even if she is your mother. Sometimes you have to love people from a distance. But agreeing with LadyNay, it is good that she is trying to have some type of relationship.

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Don't Oppress Me said...

I have a complicated, albeit funny relationship with my mother too. I don’t like her so much as a person, but she’s always there when I need her.

1:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Parents... yeah, we only get one pair, but the lord knew what he was doing with that....

Do your best and keep it light... this way there aren't ever any hard feelings or unresolved issues.

Looks like you're about to serve as a mentor in one of the hardest life's to lead... the gay life. Let's hope you're the one teaching your bruh-bruh and not the other way around...LOL

6:09 PM

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

I think parents are put on earth to love us and get on our damn nerves. My momz gets on my last good nerve everyday.

I want a gay little brother! lol

11:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad isn't proud of that.

2:33 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am sure that your mother needs and depends on you much more than you know. I also know that sometimes it is easier to love our loved ones from afar!

Do you plan to reach out to your little brother?

My dad was telling me about my nephew being gay and although my dad is not homophobic, he is always one to make people laugh. I recently asked him how my Nephew was getting along -- he quickly replied, "you mean NIECE-few"! This just made me think of that!

6:58 PM

 
Blogger El Alexander said...

I don't think I ever felt this was about my moms cause we are close but when I told her and my dad they didn't talk to me for about 3 months...but then came around with having a bunch of gay jokes...not sure what to take if it tho. But I do wish you the best in finding some place in your heart for your mom so you guys can talk..Lessons of life will teach you alot..so keep living and in time things will work out... and wow my goverment is Darnell LOL at that...

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yo - I say the relationship between you and your mother...well, it is what it is. Don't try to force it. The way i see it is like this: what will be, will be!

10:13 PM

 
Blogger fuzzy said...

interesting, in my family, all the males except for one that I know of has had some type of homosexual encounter. I believe my oldest brother is bi and isn't telling amybody. I believe that the next youngest one had a failed marriage because of it. it just goes down the line... anyway... I aint gonna say anything on your mon. I feel the same way toward my dad. I think I want to cange that though. I'm sure if something happens bloggers will know about it...

8:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that I have my share of issues with my parents so all I am going to say is, "what are you gonna do?" and keep it moving.

I am learning that our parents are people too... they are flawed, just like us...

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home