My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

"I'll burn this place to the ground"

I HATE MY FUCKING JOB!!!!!

Seriously with a passion usually only seen in religious extremists. I hate this job. I want walk in that building strapped with bombs and AK-47s. Just start taking mofos out.
It's not just the schedule, although I'm already burnt out on theses 12 hour shifts. Well maybe it is the schedule, plus having to accomplish my work, dealing with peoples personal lives, plus having to write tons of reports the "military" way( which will stress you the fuck out), plus doing all the other military shit I have to do on my time off because of course I work nights ....sooo yeah.
Here's a example of the craziness. Friday morning around 10am. I'm still at work after working a 12 hour shift trying to finish a award package that just had to get done that day. I get called into the supervisors office and witness this guy going off like Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest when she found the wire hanger. Apparently someone on my shift had left a yellow sticky note in one of the patients charts as a reminder for the doctor to reorder a patients medication. Granted it wasn't very professional but it wasn't illegal or harmful to anyone. Calm the fuck down!!!
Damn I'm almost ready to go to Iraq.

Well not quite. To say I'm less than thrilled about this development would be a understatement. I've been through it before though and like I said IT WILL BE THE LAST TIME. There is no way in the 9 circles of hell that I would re-enlist again. I'll be going atleast four months(hopefully no more than that, but you never know). On the bright side how many people can say they've to Afghanistan and Iraq, huh? How many?

Anywho let me finish watching Desperate Housewives. Those white chicks are crazy. I'm gonna need Bree to stop hooking up with psychpaths.

Food far thought. Why aren't there any good shows or shows period with minority casts on TV?

7 Comments:

Blogger K Kaos said...

Welcome to my life, of hating your job, and I just got promoted..Yey..

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Ladynay said...

I thought I didn't like my job, but I love mine compared to yours! I haven't reached the point to where I wanna take folks out...yet!

We had a few good shows like the ones on the old UPN network and the Bernie Mac show.

Maybe the CW network will bring some good shows with us "colored" folk. I don't know, never been to much for TV.

5:01 AM

 
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Bree is HILARIOUS...isn't she?

10:15 PM

 
Blogger E said...

Hang in there lj! I think you have two years to go right?

Heh...word on Bree hooking up with psychopaths.

There hasn't been a good show with a minority cast (drama) since Soul Food. I still miss that show.

For me, Half & Half was up there as a very good, well acted show.

Other shows I found myself attracted to: Heroes & Brothers/Sisters.

12:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

White folks don't want to see us Black folks acting crazy, talking about nothing.

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Charles X said...

eww the captain!

and nevermind.

11:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that I know what you are talking about!!!! I witnessed plenty of the "Mommy Dearest" moments during my military days.

Yeah, Desperate Housewives is back... wouldn't Vivica A. Fox be the perfect addition to the show? She and Edie could be friends...

5:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home