My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Is it me or are gay men too damn fickle when it comes to relationships. I was talking to one of my friends today and he was telling me that he and his "friend" had a big fight. About What I asked?

Him " We went shopping and he was acting all impatient and disinterested"

Me "And?"

Him " and if he didn't want to go he should have said so"

Me " well I'm sure that if he knew shopping with you was a all day event he wouldn't have"

Any way he's thinking of breaking up with this dude who he was just sprung over a couple days ago over this. It's not just him though. I know a lot of dudes who are just head over heals for someone until they have a disagreement, usually over some really small trivial shit,then dude loses all their shine and are ready to be traded in.

Don't these fellas know that relationships are hard and even if you find that special someone you want to spend your life with, there will still be moments when you want beat a nigga with a bat. Maybe not that bad but still being committed to someone means compromising, working things out, letting go of some of your pride, being there for better or for worse and all that chatter. Don't get me started on these dudes with grocery lists of qualities that are impossible to find in one person.
In complete honesty if I sat and wrote one of those lists a couple of years ago my current boyfriend probably wouldn't measure up to half of it and I would be missing out because that lil dude is the best thing that ever happened to me. We are damn near complete opposites...DRIVES ME CRAZY AT TIMES....but I think we can work through anything that comes our way...at least I hope so.

I'm not sure but we may not be together a couple months from now. The future of our relationship is completely in his hands right now. He's still deciding whether or not he wants to move to San Antonio. Last time I checked he was 70% for moving. He has to get licensed and he has to find a job here BEFORE he moves, which is smart I understand all that. The Virgo in me really doesn't like uncertainty though.
He has complained that he hates San Antonio. Made that determination in the whole nine days he's spent here. I think he really doesn't want to move away from his family and his little clique of friends but I can't be mad at that either, it's a heavy decision. Guess we'll see.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Im a virgo too. The virgo in me makes relationships SOOOOOOO damn difficult because of the whole uncertainty thing. I can feel you on the fickle nature of people I was/am one of them...But as I get older I'm getting better.

10:31 PM

 
Blogger Ladynay said...

It's not just the gays sweetie! Us hetero's do the same thing. One of your girlfriends call you up and talk your ear off about how good this man is possibly THE ONE! Then the next week he is that dumb mf'er that she should have never gave her number too! Same stuff babe!

7:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FACT: Gay men will never have successful relationships at a progressive rate compared to other sexual orientations.

9:23 AM

 
Blogger heartbreaker said...

now u preachin, and that is so true - i have a friend that is like that, head over heels one day, then the next is ready to move on

idunno why some guys have these fairy tail images in their head of relationships, but are scared of everything that it takes to even get there

it's frustrating b/c my happy ass is still waiting for the guy that will realize that...

8:44 PM

 
Blogger lj said...

we don't pay the captain no mind round here

1:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were CAPTAIN, I wouldn't have said that that was a "FACT"... I do, however, think that what he is saying could be valid under certain circumstances. Only because, there are so many issues that a gay, black man has to deal with (i.e.- family, friends, church, self image, society).

LJ, I, too, am in a relationship, going on two years now. We live in Las Vegas together. There are days that I want to hop in my car and leave him in the rearview but there is never a day that goes by that I don't thank God for him. It takes work and the sooner other brothers get that into their heads the better.

Now, I have a question... are you in the military? What happens when you get stationed somewhere else and your partner has moved to San Antonio?

6:59 PM

 
Blogger Marz said...

Yes the fickleness is insane. I know some boys that will leave someone for cutting their hair without consulting with their lover. (INSANE) A lot of it is just so petty.

-Marz

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home