My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

When You're Mad? Ne-Yo must be crazy

So my weekend was pretty boring. I slept most of it, cleaned me apartment( somewhat) and read a couple books. I had a big ass fight with BooBoo on Sunday afternoon though and I'm trying to figure out if I overreacted. Here's what happened....

Picture it Sicily...1926. Naw Sunday afternoon I was in Walmart picking up a few things when my phone rang. It's that boy. We chit chat. I'm asking about church..What grandma cooked for dinner. I didn't realize it was Fathers Day, seeing as how I don't talk to mine. So, I ask him what he got his dad for Fathers Day. He tells me $20. I'm like "that's it, you could have got him a card are something" . After going back and forth about that for a minute( I'm mostly joking by the way). He says " What did you get your father?...Nothing that's what I thought. Better yet what did you get your mom for Mothers day...Nothing? So, How you gonna tell me what I should have got my father?"

Now at this point the world stops like it would on those early episodes of saved By The Bell when Zack needed to talk to the audience. Did he really just say that to me because that was some messy shit. Am I wrong? I mean that was kind of mean and...yeah mean. Especially with him knowing about the situation between my parents and I. Hmmmm I should get off the phone.

So I tell him that was some mean shit to say. He feels justified because in his mind I questioned his love for his dad because I said he should have bought a card are something. One thing you should know about him is that he has a temper and when he's mad he will say some off the wall shit. Usually when he's like that I just get off the phone, let him calm down because he's not going to hear me and he will continue to put his foot in his mouth. For example...after going back and forth for awhile he tells me that his parents are his business and my parents are mine. I say cool I'll never ask about his parents again. I guess that snapped him out of it because THAT hurt his feelings. Crazy right?

-This story is getting Long-

In the end I had to cuss my baby out.....BAD. I feel kind of bad, but he pissed me off that day and kind of had it coming.
That's the darkside of our relationship. He has a temper, BUT he will not be just talking to me any kind of way because he's mad.

Did I overreact? Was I being sensitive? Can you understand this post? It's like 4am and I've been running all over this hospital all night...LOL

11 Comments:

Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I think you both overreacted just a little bit and there was truly just a misunderstanding. Kiss and make up. This is small and it's not really worth a fight.

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Ladynay said...

I agree, sounds like a misunderstanding good wrong. This isn't the first time you said something in jest and he didn't catch the joke! Your sure he gets your sense of humor?

6:30 AM

 
Blogger Ladynay said...

good...gone....whatever! LOL

6:31 AM

 
Blogger Ladynay said...

good...gone....whatever! LOL

6:31 AM

 
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

HE was wrong to blow up when u suggested the card..but to make a big argument over it is SILL...and to throw your relationship with your parents however bad it is in your face is WRONG too........but its nothing to break up about......

8:22 AM

 
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Just go ahead and be the first one to apologize. (As I sing Let's Straighten It Out by Joe Simon).

12:20 AM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Damn these boys and their tempers !!!!

2:27 PM

 
Blogger fuzzy said...

Uhhhh cursing him out was wrong. Did he deserve it? Maybe... but the both of you need to understand each others boundaries and how you both crossed each others. Bake him a cake, tell him you're sorry, and eat it with some ice cream! that should fix it. Tell him sorry first! then the cake :-)

3:08 PM

 
Blogger E said...

Save that love..:-)

12:14 AM

 
Blogger Marz said...

(UMMM....there's no Wal-MArt in Sicily in 1926. LOL)

YEs yall both overacted. But normally it's a known rule to not ask about father's day with my friends. Ignore it like Bolivia's independence day. ( Unless you're bolivian of course.)

TWO WRONGS DON"T MAKE A RIGHT.

AND YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING WHEN YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER ASKED ABOUT HIS PARENTS AGAIN. ( I do that rebellious thing too, like, " I was trying to show some interest, but now you want to get mad at me being interested in a facet of your life. I don't care about the facet it's in the drk now FOREVER. END!")

Don't be like that.


-Marz

8:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you killed me with the Golden Girls reference right? I was cracking up!!!!
Yeah, nothing to get all crazy over. My baby has a temper too... I just ignore him but let him know about himself when need be.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home