My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Laugh Now, Cry Later. 10 Little Things I Love and Hate About My Relationship

I sent this to BooBoo today....

10 things that I hate:

10. Making me listen to and watch any and everything Beyonce does. I mean she cool but I don't like her like that.

9. Just cuz I'm your man, I'm suppose to be the problem solver, miracle worker, part the red seas and open up the heavens.

8. I don't have any kids but I feel like it cuz you poke your bottom lip out when you don't get your way knowing I will fall for it.

7. You call me 10-15 times a day and get a little tude when I don't really have anything to day.

6. You like to get "little man" all excited, then try to tell me I got to wait to handle business. IT AINT FUNNY!!!!!!!

5. You are always on the phone. I swear I want to break that damn thing in half sometimes.

4. You get on me like my momma used to when my place gets a little messy.

3. I swear sometimes I actually see breasts grow on you when you're with your "gurls".
I AM NOT going to refer to those dudes as my sister-in-laws.

2. You like to bring up old shit during a new argument.

1. Even though you try your best to respect when I need private time to myself, you are 100% with out a doubt my Mr. Me Too.

10 things that I love:

10. We love each other to much to walk away.

9. You think I can solve your problems , work miracles, part the red seas and open up the heavens.

8. Your random and spontaneous love making sessions.

7. You rub my head for me when I'm feeling stressed

6. You give me manicures like Janet did for Tupac on Poetic Justice.

5. I'm the first person you call in the morning and the last person you call at night.

4. When we're at Dave and busters you pretend you can't play the hoops game all the time just so I can get behind you and show you how to shoot. No matter how many times you do it, never gets old.

3. When we're together you can't go to sleep unless part of me is touching part of you.

2. You get on me worse than momma used to when my place gets a little messy with a smile on your face.

1. We can still just lay in the bed cuddled up without saying a word for hours and it still feels like the most comfortable thing in the world.


~Okay you know what? I realized something. Its been over a year since I've been blogging. The majority of my entries has been about the trials of tribulations of my relationship wit my boyfriend. After further reflection we've been through a lot of shit and I'm positive there is more to come but I wouldn't change or give it up for anything. Even though there are people in my life that are leaves that try to be branches. BooBoo has always been my root from day one. So if someone shows you who they are the first time. Believe them. Had to take that page from Madea and Maya Angelou.~

13 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Awwwww, you two have been up and down alot, but what real relationship hasn't?

6:32 AM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

AWWWWWWW...Do I feel a tear? lol@sisters-in-law

10:00 AM

 
Blogger K Kaos said...

I want an invite to the wedding!

2:42 PM

 
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

thats hot

5:13 PM

 
Blogger fuzzy said...

Interesting. I dont think I would have the courage to type things a hate to my BF. He might slap me! and tell me to STOP IT! LOL

5:25 PM

 
Blogger TBone said...

That is so sweet and so real at the same time! To be upfront, direct, and honest about your feelings is one of the most special things two people can share!

3:07 PM

 
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Ugh -too much about love in here...I'm done with love. For now at least...

12:23 AM

 
Blogger E said...

Awww...that's a nice message you sent. It definitely is good to communicate.

And it's cool that you have someone that's there for you through thick and thin, even if they do get on your nerves at times...:-)

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Don't Oppress Me said...

That was so sweet and honest.
Maybe me and 'my' will be like that one day.

12:13 PM

 
Blogger Marz said...

AWWWW, and OOOH you gon be angry when he sens his 20 reasons why Ihate our relationship, 15 why I love it. (LOL)

1:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, that is tight that you have found and discovered love. No matter what form -- the fact that you love . . . that is great. We all know that it comes with its ups and downs.

6:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and an even better reflection of the simple things that contribute to love and relationships.

Yeah, you two have been through some things, but what relationship worth having hasn't? I feel you on that one, believe me...

Also, that sisters-in-law comment had me doubled over laughing! You are a fool!

5:12 AM

 
Blogger Playboy Adonis said...

Well, as real as it gets. For every concept, there is a negative and then a positive. How do we define love? Is it our ability to break down the wrong things about a person while realizing those things are what causes us to love that person. More than a comment, much more like a self review and motion to question what makes me love...Then what makes me be loved by others? Is it the things about myself that people say I need to change? Do I really need to change? Then, If I change, will I still be loved?

2:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home