My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Gotta Go, Gotta Leave

I'm sitting here listening to "Set Adrift On Memories Bliss" by P.M. Dawn( don't know if that's the right title but ya'll know the one I'm talkin about).I was just told that I will be getting orders, maybe as early as Febuary. I'm kind of happy about that because....Well I hate Mississippi. Never wanted to live here. Definitely didn't want to live here for five years. The only problem is I would have to leave my baby behind. I don't know how I'm supposed to do that. I'm about to tear up just thinking about it.
I would pack him up and bring him with me but he's in his last semester of school. So that's not going to work. Man this really sucks. We've talked about the possibility of this happening and what we would do, but never really came to a conclusion. Can we spend four maybe five months apart? Is he willing to pack up and leave his friends and family to be with me? I/we don't know. All I do know is that I don't have a choice in the matter. The government OWNS my black ass( for 23 more months atleast). What am I gonna do without my boo? Fuck!!!

In the Meantime I need to send them a list of my top five locations TONIGHT:

1. Andrwes AFB, MD. I've lived there before and I like the area, plus 1 of my best friends lives there now so I'd atleast have somewhere to stay until I find a place.
2. Scott AFB, IL. It's 15 minutes from St. Louis. Close to the family which could be a good thing and a bad thing.
3. Lackland AFB, TX. I hear the area is nice and they have a sleep lab( my chosen profession) in there Med Center.
4. Langley AFB, VA. Just cause.
5. Nellis AFB, NV. Vegas. Why not.

Despite everything I'm kind of excited about starting over in a new place. I just hope BooBoo and I can make it through this because not having him in my life will break my heart for real.

"I'll die without you" P.M. Dawn.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

True...there's always some excitement about starting in a new place, and usually an accompanying dilemma - life can be a sarcastic bitch at times.

Hope it goes aaight for you.

Meanwhile, P.M. Dawn? My God, how many years has that been? *sighs*

1:18 AM

 
Blogger heartbreaker said...

man, good luck w/ that... must be hard, but you're strong and intelligent, and you'll figure out a way to get through it and make it work for you, i wish you the best... sometimes you hafta go w/out to get to where and what u want, i guess... keep ya head up
-peace-

9:55 AM

 
Blogger dugla said...

with the way you talk about your Boo, my heart really goes out to you bro. You gotta do what u gotta do

3:02 PM

 
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I don't know, but when you mentioned having to move away from your Boo, my heart kinda dropped. I think that it's because I love to see people in love! I'm becoming an ole sap in my lod age.

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Marz said...

I hope the right decision is picked for you, and fate has its way. (FATE WORK POSITIVELY PLEASE. LOL)



-Marz

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Tim said...

Dayum yo, that's kinda fucked up that you gotta be away from your boo for an extended period of time.

I hear ya about being excited starting over in a new place, but my heart dropped too when I read about you and your Boo being apart.

I seriously hope it works out.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Damn!Damn!Damn! Awwww...Well I hope it all works out for you...

9:31 AM

 
Blogger E said...

I'm with valentino...Damn! Damn! Damn! But I'm excited about your potential locations. If I had to choose, I'd pick Vegas..:-)

But then again, being near family may not be a bad thing (sometimes...*LOL*).

Good luck with your choice and with BooBoo.

7:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home