My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Conversations

I had a conversation with one of my very good friends tonight. We were watching some reality show following folks getting plastic surgery. She asked me if I could get some free plastic surgery ala extreme makeover, what would I have done. Nothing really. I'm happy with my physical appearance in general. I mean I would get LASIK surgery maybe because I hate contacts and I'm still considering getting my ears pinned( although I've been told they're cute on me). But that's it. I finally start putting on some weight. Yo Boy used to be about 155lbs at 5'11. I've put on about 15lbs in the last six months lifting weights and drinking protein shakes. So I'm good.
Just a few years ago my answer would have probably been very different. I never really thought I was attractive growing up. I mean people would tell me "you're cute" or whatever but I didn't really believe them.

I had a conversation with my best friend Thomas a couple days ago. He's the last person in my life that hasn't been made aware of my sexual orientation. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before they figure it though. Especially if BooBoo packs it up and joins me in San Antonio. He actually thinks one of my other good (girl) friends is in love with me. I guess I shouldn't have asked her to act like my girlfriend that time, huh? My whole family knows now, the ones that matter anyway. This dude is like my big brother. I love him. I love his entire family. They have treated me like family everytime I've seen them. I'm godfather to his son. The cynical part of me wants to say, "if they can't accept me then the hell with them" but I know it would hurt my hurt if they rejected me. Like I said I KNOW that they are going to figure it out sooner or later ( esp his wife with her nosy ass...That's my girl though) or I 'll tell them.

I found my little sisters blog on yahoo 360. OMG she's so much like me it's scary. Out of my moms 5 kids, the 2 of us are the odd ones...The loners. Our other brothers and sister are very social...Very outgoing. Weird how that works. We were all birthed from the same woman. Nature verses nurture I guess. I was having this conversation with my Jean( that's what I call my mom). Apparently I've always been this quiet and shy kid. She said I barely cried as a baby.
Most people think I'm shy when they meet me for the first time. I'm not really. I mean a may not wild out at first but that's because I need to observe you for a bit before I'm comfortable. Ok maybe I ma a little shy but I've gotten a lot better over the the last 5 years or so.

I'm moving out of my apartment next Friday and I have sooo much to do before then. I just realized that I might not have internet access for 3 or 4 weeks after. What is I gone I do!!!!! That's like going back to the 80's or something.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

I wonder if your sister knows you found her blog....

What did people do b4 cell phones...computers...blackberrys...ipods and all that other tech stuff?

I remember when I was overly excited when I got my pager! I knew I was the ish! LOL Now the only folks with pagers are medical people, if them! HAHAHAHAHA

7:08 AM

 
Blogger Omar Ramon said...

wow we gots to lift you up in prayer! no internet! Thas crazy. LOL i know how u feel,man

7:27 PM

 
Blogger E said...

And IT folks like myself carry pagers too...unfortunately..:-)

I would die without internet accesss for that long. A couple days is okay but even that would be too much.

I totally feel you to about wanting to tell your boy about your orientation since they'll probably figure it out. I have the same fears about officially telling my family and friends.

I wonder who'll still be there and who'll bounce.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Waddie G. said...

Did you find your sister's 360 page by accident or she directed you to the site?

10:58 PM

 
Blogger N4R said...

good luck with the move man. i just saw my brother's myspace page for the first time. he got this picture of himself as a kid that i love. never saw the pic before. it was interesting to read his thoughts.

3:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home