My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Monday, January 23, 2006

The Weekend Post

This weekend was definitely a mixed bag.

Friday: I drove up to Hattiesburg, MS to spend time with the Boo. I hadn't seen my baby all week, so I was definitely looking forward to it. We hadn't planned on doing anything because he'd worked a 12 hour shift that day but that was not meant to be. His neighbor and a bunch of his friends where going to Kareoki at some bar, couldn't miss that right...RIGHT.
Well I wasn't disappointed. I can't decide which was the best performance of the night. A trio of white guys trying to sing "Don't Leave" by Blackstreet and not knowing the words..... BooBoo and his cousin singing "Dontcha"........His intoxicated neighbor singing "Georgia" .......Drunk white girl falling off the stage......or me singing "I Will Always Love You"....Ok that didn't happen, but only because the DJ didn't have it. Good times.

Saturday: This is where the weekend hits a snag.. The day started off pretty good, woke up to a hot breakfast( Lawd he can't cook, but it's the thought that counts). Anyway, later on in the afternoon he decides to go to the gym. I'm like "cool". I would have gone with him but his gym wants $15 for non-members, so I decide to go to the bookstore seeing as there isn't one anywhere near my place.
So I'm getting ready, ironing my clothes. He asks me if I brought another outfit(we planned on going out to dinner and a movie later). I tell him no, why do I have to change to go to Chilli's and a movie later? He starts going off about how" he doesn't want me to be looking all wrinkled" sounding like a retarded mother. I don't remember the exact sequence of events, but I do remember we started cracking on each other. That eventually led to us wrestling around like a couple of 12 year olds.

-------- Now while all this is going on I'm not tripping because this type of behavior isn't really out of the ordinary for us. We can both be a couple of big ass kids----------------------------


So after I put him in a headlock and make him say he's sorry, he decides he doesn't want to go to the gym anymore and goes to his room and gets on the phone. He seriously develops a stank ass attitude out of nowhere. I'm like I know he can't be serious , hell he started this shit. So this goes on for maybe two hours, him in his room, me on his couch. Eventually he comes out saying he's sorry, gives me some lame ass line about how he's stressed from work and school and feels like he needs some time alone. So, me being me, says "alright I'll leave" but he doesn't want that either. Again he goes on about school and work and he didn't mean to take it out on me and...blah,blah, blah.........

-----------He's the type of person that gets upset when things get hectic for him----------------

I seriously think my boyfriend needs medication OR he's reacting to the news that I'm probably going to move away because that came up when we were having our talk( like I said he gets upset when he gets, well...He gets upset). He kept asking me if I meant what I said about doing everything I can to make the long distance thing work. So...Yeah..wow....right!
Anywho. We went out to eat and saw Underworld 2, which was a decent enough movie. If you liked the first one you'll really like the sequel. Sunday was just boring.

7 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yea, he's definitely reacting to the news. It's going to be just as hard for him as it is for you...this experience will definitely show you if this effort is worth it though. Good luck!

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Ladynay said...

You said it yourself...he gets upset when things get hectic...

With all the stuff you two have been through, you moving away is just the icing on the cake.

3:51 PM

 
Blogger N4R said...

where you moving to?

12:21 PM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Awww...that means he's gonna be having tantrums often now...he needs a beatin..

11:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cheap tramadol normal dosage - buy tramadol cod

7:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy phentermine buy phentermine online no prescription needed - buy phentermine new zealand

3:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phentermine 37.5 mg order phentermine without doctor - purchase phentermine online no prescription

3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home