My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Pleasure and Pain


To You,
Damn, It's been hard lately, huh? All the fighting, the bickering over little shit, the long silences. I don't know which was worse.
I've been trying to be patient and understanding. I felt like I owed you that. After all, you gave me.... Correction... You gave us another chance after I told you I just wanted to be friends and I thank you for that. I know you don't think that I do, but I DO know how much that hurt you. I know it hurt even more when you found out I'd started something with someone else so soon after all that went down.
Still, we continued to communicate on a almost daily basis. In fact, you became one of best friends. I remember talking to you until midnight about....My family, jobs, school, that dude were seeing(ugh). I remember talking to you the night before I left the country last summer. You said that you loved me and would be there for me no matter what. Do you know how often I laid in my bunk and thought of your face, that big smile that seems to perminately stuck there? You should I told you plenty of times. When I got back I didn't let you know right away. I don't know why. I really don't have an answer for that, but I remember seeing you for the first time in six months. I remember the butterflies, the hug and the smile. I still crack a smile when I think of x-mas night.... Lounging on your futon. You asked, "so are we official again"? I said, "fa Sho".
Fast forward 7 months and some odd days. Things are getting rough. After what happened Saturday night, I'm asking myself if love is enough to keep us together. I'm tired of fighting. I love you and the thought of you not being mine breaks my heart. The only thing that I know for sure is that we need to move on. The question is should we do together or ......... I don't even want to say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home