My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

27 July 2005

So this is where you want to be
In a world without me
Doing what you want to do
With no one to care about except you

You don't have me in the palm of your hand
And you're supposed to be a man
Yet you don't seem to comprehend
That I'm your child and not your friend

So, when you decide to be a real father
Then you will appreciate me as your son
And not just a bother


I wrote this when I was like 13. I just recently found it in one of my old notebooks. I guess I've just been thinking about Larry Sr lately. I don't know why. I gave up on him that one summer in 94......maybe I'll write that story soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger N4R said...

Tell that story boy. How did he take the poem after reading it?

2:07 PM

 
Blogger The Church Boy said...

Yea, tell the story - we're waiting...

9:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home