My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

5AM post

After working night shift in the Sleep clinic for years, I thought I really wanted to work during the day like a normal person. Getting up at like 5AM is a fat summa-a-bitch, though. Well, actually 3AM today( don't ask). I just couldn't sleep last night I don't know what the problem was. I think it had something to do with the EX calling me all out of no where last night.

The Ex and I broke up like 9 months ago, after being together for only 7 months. He was first in more ways than one. The first man I ever loved, the first to ever...whoa, wait bout to give ya'll too much. LOL. I LOVED this man. Would have done anything for him. But yeah, the only reason we broke up is because he had to move to Memphis. I wanted to give the long distance thing a try...He said he didn't think it would work and that wasn't the kind of relationship he wanted. I mean, I was hurt by that. I started thinking I didn't mean as much to him as I thought or that he just didn't want to be with me anymore. Eventually after a lot of discussion I realized I couldn't be the only one trying to make it work, I had to let that shit burn. Now, I love BooBoo with all my heart and wouldn't trade him for the world. Even when he's acting up, but that's another post. I guess I still just have a lot of residual feelings for the Ex, despite the fact that we've both moved on with other people.

Is this normal? Should I just cut off contact with him until these feelings go away?

Hopefully all these thoughts will help keep me awake for the next 8 hours.


Todays song "Sweet Memory" Vivian Green 2005

3 Comments:

Blogger ShawnQt said...

I know I have been there plenty of times. It is usually hard right after the break up to keep in contact with your ex and not have those feelings... it really seems u are not over him since it has been a few months after. I would say to refrain anymore contact with him until one day your like, I haven't spoken to "so and so" in a while, let me call him. Having the company of others help... but that only works if you are really into the guy. Dating a dud only will reinforce how much you miss your ex. Talking about it in this blog helps too. Keep talking about him until talking about him gets on your nerves... that will bring the rest of those feelings out. All in All, the bond you had with him will never go, and you should always keep a special peice of him in your heart, but don't let him take over your mind.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Troy N. said...

You'll never give him up completely but think of all the movie/dinner/concert and what not dates you'll be missing doing the would've could've should've shuffle. Say F* him and do like father time and move, move on. Bigger and much better awaits you why keep you and your good stuff on hold?
He did him, why not you do you?

1:35 PM

 
Blogger N4R said...

Yo man I think ShawnQT gave you the greatest advice. That brother is wise beyond his years - I like that!

It took me time to get over my FRIST but realise that is all he is - YOUR FIRST! You move on to have seconds, thirds, more, and hopefully last...

I think what makes your situation with him harder is not the fact that y'all broke up but the way it happened. It wasn't in malice. You didn't cheat on him or him on you. You didn't get bored with the relationship. Y'all were prevent through distance and the can bring up a lot of "what ifs." But what if you remained in the relationship and never met BooBoo? I happen to like BooBoo, from your stories at least.

Ultimately you have to do you. You will know what is best. Like SQT I say reframe from contacting him until you are able to approach y'all friendship as such - A Friendship!

1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home