My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Recap

Today was a good day( I didn't even have to use my AK) following a somewhat mundane weekend. Well a couple of good things happened this Weekend, just little things that a geek like me would get excited about:

Friday: I had to work but that was my last day as the HNIC!!! So, of course I closed the office down at 2:00 pm. The rest of the the day was pretty mundane....Until I found my Stacie Latisaw(what ya'll know bout that), SWV(great), Hi-Five("Kissing Game") mix CD...WHAT!!!!!Man, I was so excited after that I almost...ALMOST went to Club Z that night. Of course once the serotonin(chemical in your brain responsible for elevated mood and pleasure) wore off I decided to eat a quarter pound of Oreos and watch the SciFi channel.

Saturday: Luckily it rained most of the day. So, I didn't feel TOO guilty for spending most of the day watching TV in my boxers. I was told that there was a Good Times Marathon all weekend. I only watched like two episodes though as I was never really a fan of the show. I know that's blasphemy against the whole of African-American culture. But hey...I like what I like. BooBoo had to work this weekend so I drove to his place to spend a little time with him. We got a pizza, had some way to acrobatic sex( I swear I pulled a hamstring ) and ended up falling to sleep on his couch with him drooling on my chest. You know you love somebody when you're not disgusted by being salivated on for a couple of hours.

Sunday: Got up at like 6AM and drove back home( BooBoo had to be at work at seven). Of course I had to do everything I'd put off Friday and Saturday. Procrastination is a ugly bucked toothed bitch. So I do my laundry.....Wash my car...Go to the grocery store. My friend Dexter came over. He's a bigger geek than me. This man has all of those old 80's cartoons on DVD. I watched Thundercats, Silverhawks and Transformers. It's funny they're not quite as entertaining 15 years later but it was still nice to go back for a minute.


And that's pretty much the weekend. Oh yeah I told my mom that I love her. I know that doesn't seem like a big thing but keep in mind that I have not said those words to her since like 94. Soooo yeah, the kids growing up.

3 Comments:

Blogger N4R said...

Bless your heart - you told your mother you LOVED HER!!! That is big man - I know! Good shit! Postive things follow positivity (corny I know but hey sounds good).

Yo I swear you are my kindred spirit in the soul. SWV is my favorite group. Weak still and will forever do it for me. I got into an arguement with Holler Roller because I let her borrow all my old school CD years ago when we were freshmen. She had my Hi-Five Greatest Hits CD. I kept asking for it and she said her roommate took it. So of course I checked her roommate, she said she didn't have it. For years I kept mentioning my CD. Here we are 8 years later she returned me my CD in November was like I think this is yours. I could have killed her and kissed her at the same time. I am listening to it now in your honor.

LJ we must meet - you are the best. No need for BooBoo to get jealous, its not like that...

5:42 PM

 
Blogger N4R said...

Oh shoot...I meant to say you are my Kindred Spirit in the SOUTH but soul works too!

5:44 PM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

You had acrobatic sex after pizza? Aint that a lil gassy? lol Gimme details though, I need to try something new..lol..Well one day that is...I'm a good boy..

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home