My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tuesday afternoon

I’m sitting here listening to a little Anita Baker reflecting on a conversation BooBoo and I had last night. He said that he has some kind of bad feeling that something going to pull us apart. That’s it. He can’t or won’t elaborate any more than that. I Have to admit I’m feeling frustrated right now because I really don’t understand what’s going on in his head right now. I don’t think he really understands what’s going on in his head right now. I figure that all I can do is be patient and reassure him that I love him and don’t plan on going anywhere anytime soon.
Oh we had a conversation this morning before work. He told me that he doesn’t like that I’m the major financial contributor in this relationship. I’m always picking up the bill when we go out to eat, buying drinks, movie tickets, ect. He doesn’t even like the fact that I’ve helped him out with some expenses from time to time. I mean, I know he’s working part-time and going to school full-time. So picking up the bill and helping him out financially from time to time is no big deal to me..”I am your man right”, I say. Hell I guess we’ll be dining in for the time being.


So I don't really know wassup......

7 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Hang in there. Sometimes it's easy to start looking for negative when things are going right. Just be there for your man like you have been and things will be ok.

1:16 PM

 
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I got to cosign on what Ladynay said. Give him a long hug and a passionate kiss and tell that you will be there for him. You two will be OK. Just give it time.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger The Church Boy said...

Yea, I say hang in there - but you know what Madea would say, "If you see signs, pay attention."

Let the church say, "Amen!"

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Tim said...

Yeah if you see signs pay attention...but don't read into ALL the signs ALL the time.

I am a living testimony to that.

1:18 AM

 
Blogger N4R said...

Damn man - what to do when your finances intimidate your man? That is a tough one. I just say keep reassuring him that things are cool. He is in school and he can contribute his part once he is complete. Let him know once he gets his degree and that banging job you are going on strike and expecting a ring! :) Its crazy how we as black man let our pride get the better of us. I am sure by you paying for him it fucks with his manhood and sense of masculinity. Meaning he feels like he is in a bitch role and that you over shadow him. Just let him know y'all are equal in your partnership and the matter of who is paying is not that deep.

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Man, I know exactly how you feel...all I can really say is just keep ya head up. Stay true to who you are, what you want, and what you expect!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

10:30 PM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Ok I'm sorry but...That is all a bunch of bullshit...Beat his ass and tell him to get a grip...tell him to be grateful that you are there for his ass, what is he worried about...smoke a piece and relax.

11:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home