My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Movin On ...maybe

Seriously!!! I meant to write about my horrible weekend earlier in the week but work has been crazy. I think I use all my available energy at the gym after work. To think i haven't even started pulling call yet. That will be fun. Despite all of that I really do like my job. Go figure.


I've actually forgotten most of the crazy shit that went down last weekend except for it's beginning and end. Thursday afternoon Texas experienced a downpour that was straight up biblical in it's intensity. On the drive home I drove through a "puddle" that was a whole lot deeper than it appeared. Boom.. My car stalls.. OH S&%&!!!!! Fortunately it was covered by insurance so things worked out. Although my car is still at the Nissan Dealer. They are waiting for a part to come in.
Fast forward to Sunday night. I finally decide the boyfriend and I need to have a talk about the future of our relationship. After prodding that Negro forever I finally get him to admit he's not going to move here. I can't say that I was surprised. Whenever he spoke about HIS future he never mentioned living in Texas. he says there are thing he needs to accomplish before he thinks about uprooting. I'm not even mad at him.. he has to do what he thinks is best for him. I am a little pissed that he acted like I had a ulterior motive for wanting to know what his plans were. Like I had a dude waiting in wings for the moment. I'm also pissed that he acts like every things just great, mostly because I realise now that this relationship is more than likely going to have to end and I'm going to have to be the one who ends it. sucks .. i love him but it's just not working. This long-distance thing was supposed to be temporary. At this rate it'll continue this way for at least another couple of years. I don't really know what I'm going to do and I already know he's going to think there's somebody else. That's just how he is but I can't help that. So-to be continued...........

8 Comments:

Blogger yet another black guy said...

dang dude, sorry to hear about your not so great times. maybe things will change, but at least you've made the decision to find out where you stand as of right now. good luck with the car. and the man.

10:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.."best intentions often go astray." Sounds like you tried..and that my friend has merit. If you have reached a decision, don't drag it out. This is not fair to them or youself. Be kind, gentle and honest. Maybe you can remain friends. You WILL be OK. It takes great courage to do what you are thinking about doing...rather than being a punk and leading a person down a path that leads to nowhere.

Be good to yourself!

-jump off JOE

8:45 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow... sorry to hear it's not working. More important, make your decisions without guilt...doesn't look like he has any guilt about staying where he is and "doing him." You've tried what works for the two of you and now it may be time to see what works for you. Turns out, you're important in this equation too.

10:41 AM

 
Blogger WhozHe said...

Let him think what he wants to think, you can't control that. Just go out there an live the life you want to live.

1:28 PM

 
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

This is some sad news to hear, but you have to do what you have to do. If you feel that you want to continue, do so. But if you feel that it's time to let go, do it after you have made a solid decision that you can stick to.

1:55 PM

 
Blogger Soldier said...

wow, its a lil weird reading the last 3 posts in a row, things went fast, unfortunately not in a good way.

If it's not going anywhere and you have to end it then do so before it becomes a burden, at least save your friendhip if you can...

1:21 AM

 
Blogger fuzzy said...

ummm whats with these weekends we have been having, this weekend I want us to have a calm and non-crazy weekend!

... Ahhh the long distance thing! I dont know how to give advise on what to do here other than presenting honesty and finding a comprimise between the two of you. I would say do you but, that isn't how a relationship is supposed to work. Its a give and take thing. Try to work things out together and reach mutual understanding.

11:26 PM

 
Blogger E said...

I know I'm late reading this...I didn't realize you were back in blogger land...but I'm sorry to hear about your relationship. I hope since it's November 10th now that the course of action you wound up taking works out for the best.

9:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home