My life is not really that hard, it just seems that way sometimes. I'm just a poor black man stuck way too far down south trying to make each day a little better than the last.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hump Day

What up folks?

I've once again been slacking on the posting. I'm simultaneously studying for a promotion test and trying to learn some things for work ( I honestly feel like I need to take a couple semesters worth of classes) but in true military fashion I will learn most of what I need in 3 months of on the job training...whatever. I actual feel better about the job now that I'm actually doing the work. Spending 8 hours a day observing was torture. I'm starting to warm up to some of the people at the job ( takes me a minute to decide if I wanted to bother..lol) people are probably going to think I don't like them or that I'm anti-social in a minute though. These folks have been working in that department together for damn near 20 years and spend a lot of off-duty time hanging out together, while I appreciate being invited out and too house parties and all, I'm sorry I spend the majority of my time working with these folks I don't want to spend my off-duty time with them too. Am I the only one with that issue?

I just had to drop $250 on a new Ipod after I lost my old one. It's cool though I upgraded to a 30GB video. I guess that will be my splurge item. I decided to save the majority of that money I mentioned in my last post. I did by 2-3..ok 4 pairs of new kicks though. Yeah, that's enough splurging.

Another reason I had to get a new Ipod was so I could get my ass back in the gym. Maybe it's just me but working out is horrible without my music. I just can't do it...at least I won't do it. Booboo decided to send me some shirtless pictures. That lil dude went and got sexy..I mean he was always sexy to me but you know now he's ...SEXY. I'm like "damn I got to stay on equal footing". I'm going to work on it. I would post the pic...but um he would kick my ass..lol.


Does anyone know what happened to this group. They were called One Chance signed to Ushers record Label. I just really liked this song.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard of that group. I guess they got their "One Chance" all right.

Hey, good luck with the iPod and the gym. I hear you. I definitely need my music. I have a video iPod and an iPod Shuffle. I use the shuffle while in the gym. If I ever leave it at home or if the battery dies during the workout I immediately want to end the workout.

Do you make playlists or do you listen to whatever you feel like for the day?

Also, on the workfront... I remember those days when everyone would want to hang out outside of work... I, too, was not feeling it, but I do think it is important to give them some time once in a while.

12:39 AM

 
Blogger Ladynay said...

I hear you about the work thing.

Looks like BooBoo started up some friendly competition of getting the body right!

Never heard of the group.

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Um - yea, the 30 gig ipod is hot, isn't it. I just bought one myself. I LOVE it...and now, i'm into the movies more than the music. It's addictive and um, expensive - lol.

8:02 AM

 
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Apparently One Chance is finally going to drop their album by the end of this year. I read somewhere that they were dropping a new single soon....we'll see.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

Never heard of the group but I love my 30g Ipod too. I even have tv shows on it so when I get bored at work I will have something to do.

For new purchases like that I use the Suzie Norman method of "earn it... save it.. then pay for it" credit cards are devils!!

3:09 PM

 
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:09 PM

 
Blogger yet another black guy said...

i'd heard of One Chance, but after reading one of their interviews i vowed never to support that arrogant ass group. they talked like they were James Brown, James Ingram, Teddy Pendergrass and Usher all in a super group.

i refuse to hit the gym without my music. otherwise all i hear is grunting, awkward silence or 80's music. Heart is nice. on VH1.

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home